Thursday, July 17, 2008

Let's start again

Ok so I know it has been a while and that perhaps there is someone out there wondering if I ever managed to break the nasty habit that many of us suffer from. In short the answer is no. However I do not feel that all is lost.

Today I received my congratulations email from QuitNet. Apparently if I had of quit on Friday 16th May I would have now been 60 days smoke free.

I must say that the whole 'quit' thing has never really sat very well with me. I mean we are told from an early age that quitting is not a positive. Quitters never prosper (nor do cheaters) However there are of course some things, like smoking that we are all encouraged to quit.

When I was in year 7 (so about 12 years old) my best friend at the time told me that if I quit the Irish Dancing team then I would be a quitter all my life. I recall being slightly taken aback by this however I went on and quit anyway.

As it turned out my friend was right, well nearly. Throughout my life I have continually quit things. Irish dancing, hockey, debating, uni (twice), even friends and relationships. IN fact about the only things never quit were school and smoking!

Fingers crossed though I can change that last one

1 comment:

Quit smoking said...

The Pfizer manufactured anti-smoking drug chantix is nevertheless effective in helping you to get rid of nicotine addiction, but for chantix to yield effective results, you should follow a definite amount of chantix precautions. The chantix website http://www.chantixmagic.com lists a whole array of chantix precautions that you should follow to ensure success in your chantix regimen. For sure success with chantix, get hold of chantix informative details from the website and then administer the medicine in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.