Sunday, March 16, 2008

The first day of the rest of my life

So I am half way through my first day as my life as a non smoker and I feel great. Seriously I don't. Once I get past this incredible tiredness and the increasing burning desire to have a smoke!

Thankfully I have some great friends on board who have decided to join me in my quest. It is because of my commitment to them I am able to look at my tobacco tin and know with confidence that the lid will stay tightly shut.

I have always been different from everyone else. There was a time that frightened me. Now I embrace it and stand tall and proud.

Most people I know that are quitters did so by getting rid of all smoking paraphernalia. Made their house smoke free and got rid of their cigarettes before Quit Day arrived.

This is not exactly how I am tackling the situation though. My husband is still a smoker. Much to my disappointment. I had hoped we could go through this together but he is still not ready and I can not wait any longer.

Anyway, he offered to stop smoking at home, however I have said this is not necessary. I don't want him sneaking around behind my back to smoke because he doesn't think I can resist temptation.

I can and WILL resist all temptation that is thrown at me.

I want to be a non smoker.

I want to free my body from the damage I was creating.

I want to show the world how strong I am and that I can do anything if I set my mind to it


I know that at times I am going to have to summon every inch of will power that runs through my veins. That is what it is there for and I am glad I have found a reason to use it

I know that right now I would give anything to get up roll a smoke and have one quick puff. But I won't, I know I want to be a quitter but I am not quitting on myself, not now, not ever.

I have made this pact to have a cigarette free life and by golly I am going to stick with it! And you know what?..... YOU can too!

No comments: