Sunday, March 16, 2008

The time has come (well nearly anyway)


As I set here typing I should be sitting outside making the most of the remaining 195 minutes of smoking time that I have left!

All jokes aside though, I am very excited about the prospect of being able to wake up tomorrow and label myself as a non smoker. Especially after looking at the picture I question how it is I managed to ever smoke all this time.

One of the few things I remember from my Sociological studies many years ago it the Labeling Theory. It is based on the premise that if you call someone something for long enough they will eventually begin to believe what is said. They will ensure that the statement becomes a reality.

With this in mind I am going to continually refer to myself as a non smoker, shouldn't take to long till it becomes true!

No comments: